Sunday, March 04, 2007;
11:53 PM
Wishing to encourage her son's dreams on the piano, a common story says a mother brought her son to hear the great Paderewski. Bored, the little boy left his seat and wandered away. Seeing a door marked ' No Admittance' he promptly entered. He found himself on a stage with a piano in the centre. Hi s attention was drawn to the beautiful ebony grand piano with its glistening white ivory keys.Suddenly the curtains parted and a spotlight lit the piano. Sitting on the piano stool, reaching for the ivory keys, the young boy started playing " Twinkle, Twinkle , Little Star" The audience's amusement turned to curiosity when the world famous paianist entered the stage. He quickly moved to the piano, and whispered in the boy's ear, " Don't quit,Keep playing you are not alone"Paderewsky sat down beside him and put his arms around the boy and began playing a counter medly as he whispered more words of encouragement. The audience was so mesmerized that they couldn't recall what else the great master played. Truly it was a privilege to attend the course on mentoring, truly it is not what you have that matters it is what you are willing to invest into others that matters. It doesn't matter how successful you are if you don't have a successor.
This story above really bought many thoughts in my mind, truly one of the reason why I am what I am right now is because someone was willing to invest his life in me. He not only gave me the courage to step out but also help me to see beyond what I could see. His name is Colin.
Truly I may not have the chance to repay him but the best I can do is to be like him to make a difference in every life that i have the chance to touch.
To the different ones I have the privilege to mentor and touch over the years its truly a great pleasure and honor mentoring every single one of you. To my dearest CG-Kaili, Enoch, Chris, Cass, Ray, Weifoong, Junguo, Mingwei, Jessie, Desiree, Zishen and Vino.
Phileo
John 13:34-35
DREAMS.